Lovers of the English formation Pink Floyd should mark October 20, 2021 in red on their calendar, because on this day almost all Pink Floyd albums will be available in hi-res audio for both streaming and download.
The English formation Pink Floyd is clearly one of those groups whose albums can be found in the most diverse versions in the collections of audiophile music lovers. Whether on record, CD or Super Audio CD, at least selected albums have been re-released time and again for years.
Now, however, a flood of new releases is imminent: the complete catalogue of Pink Floyd albums will be available in hi-res audio.
On 20 October 2021, Pink Floyd’s albums will be available in 24-bit and 192 kHz, but also encoded in lossy MQA, on all leading streaming platforms with a corresponding hi-res audio range, such as HIGHRESAUDIO, and also as downloads such as HRA Streaming from HIGHRESAUDIO or TIDAL.
The following albums will be available:
- A Collection Of Great Dance Songs (2001 Remastered Version)
- Relics (1996 Remastered Version)
- A Saucerful Of Secrets (2011 Remastered Version)
- More (Original Film Sountrack) [2011 – Remastered]
- Ummagumma (2011 Remastered Version)
- Atom Heart Mother (2011 Remastered Version)
- Meddle (2011 Remastered Version)
- Obscured By Clouds (2011 Remastered Version)
- Wish You Were Here (2011 Remaster)
- Animals (2011 Remastered Version)
- The Division Bell (2011 Remastered Version)
- The Final Cut (2011 Remastered Version)
- The Wall (2011 Remastered Version)
- The Best Of Pink Floyd: A Foot In The Door (2011 Remastered Version)
- A Momentary Lapse Of Reason (2019 Remix)
As mentioned above, these are not new remasters, but rather versions that have been available for a long time, namely those remasters by James Guthrie that were used for the collector’s collection Pink Floyd “Discovery” from 2011. Some of the albums were already available separately in hi-res audio.
Of course, a few highly sought-after albums are missing from the list, but some of them are already available in hi-res audio anyway, such as “Delicate Sound Of Thunder”, which was initially offered as part of the Pink Floyd “The Later Years” collector’s collection, but is now also available separately.
As things stand, “Pulse” is sorely missed by many, but this recording is also available in principle as a hi-res audio remaster, also as part of the Pink Floyd “The Later Years” set, in physical form on Blu-ray.
We assume, however, that this very special live album is also already available and the download Hi-res Audio will be delivered soon.
Getting to the point
When the first rumours arose that numerous Pink Floyd albums would now be available as hi-res audio, there was a lot of speculation about whether another remaster was to be expected. In fact, this is not the case; the albums that will be available for streaming and download from 20 October 2021 in hi-res audio will be based on remasters from 2011, some of which are quite old, i.e. exactly those that served as the basis for the new release on audio CD at the time.
|Format:||Hi-res Download, Hi-res Streaming|